Email. info@spiritual capacity.org
The following suggestions are by no means conclusive ways of determining purpose for one’s life but would be found helpful and insightful. At the end YOU must be able to write your PURPOSE STATEMENT in one sentence. It must be a SPIRTUAL STATEMENT! A statement that has bearing with the Cross of the Lord. This MUST then drive the rest of your life.
1. By seeking the face of God in prayer and the Word.a. Here the Holy Spirit can witness ‘Purpose’ to your spirit – Romans 8:27
2. By asking Him directly for the purpose why He created you.a. God always answers prayers of enquiries Acts 9:6 Paul/Ananais
3. By mentoring through a Mentora. A more experienced individual also walking in purpose will be able to help and guide you into purpose. Paul to Timothy/ Modecai/Esther
4. Through spiritual Parentsa. Abraham guiding Isaac Abraham/Isaac Zacharias/John 5. Be watchful and attentive in your dreamsa. God reveals purpose through dreams Joseph
6. Can be received by prophecy through a Prophet of Goda. A Prophet of God can by the gifts of the Spirit able to bring revelation of your purpose to you. Elijah/Elisha, Jesus/Apostles
7. Purpose can be linked to one’s talent and spiritual gift. a. Through the manifestation of one’s talents and or spiritual gift, it is possible to discern one’s purpose. Daniel; Asaph&Heman; Bezaleel
8. Through divine encounter
a. God may send an Angel or Himself in human form. Virgin Mary; Moses
Your purpose is God’s ultimate PLAN and BLUE PRINT for your life. Purpose links to you to Eternity Past and connects you to Eternity Future. Every other human endeavour has little eternal value and adds very little to eternal rewards because its not from the Eternal God.
The process of discovering purpose can be complex and can be easy. To be easy, the individual must be zealous after spiritual growth, open and be on the alert for the Holy Spirit; ready to search and to write. To be complex is to be religious in attitude and disposition by ever learning but rather lazy concerning spiritual things or any prompting from the Holy Spirit.
Except God makes a divine appearance, time is required in receiving your spiritual statement (Moses, Isaiah) and you must be at peace with the content and be subject to the Word of God.
Paul made a Purpose Statement; where is YOURS
Acts 26:16-17 (KJV)
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,
Recognising that you are moving in the correct direction includes:
How does this purpose relate to God’s Kingdom activities of?
• Perfecting the Saints,
• Are Saints being developed and encouraged to become better as stewards of the gifts of God.
• The work of the ministry
• Does it support the work of the ministry
• Edifying the Body of Christ
• Does it build up the Saints
• Does the work involved result in breaking new grounds
• Is it towards bringing the unsaved into the Kingdom
• Specific divine work
• Is it Missions & Missionary based
• Specific work of restoration
• Does it represent a new move of the Holy Spirit inline with Scriptures
• Societal reforms in accordance to divine mandate
• National issues: righteousness, Networking the Body of Christ
If you can see these activities you are not far from defining your purpose.
Check out the following things that will begin to happen to you in the process of discovering purpose......